The Heading Home Scott-Carver plan contains five broad goals, 22 strategies, and 58 concrete action steps. Successful implementation of our Ten-Year Plan will prevent homelessness whenever possible, rapidly re-house individuals and families, and provide stable, affordable housing for men, women, and children through providing housing with supportive services for those in need.
Guiding Principles for Heading Home Scott-Carver
- All people deserve safe, decent, and affordable housing.
- People who are homeless deserve housing options.
- Homelessness costs more than housing.
- Collecting and presenting data is important.
- There is a critical relationship between housing and services: that without housing, services and supports cannot be effective; and without services and support, housing doesn't last.
- Prevention is a key component of the solution.
- Community-wide involvement is required.
- Ending homelessness is attainable.